× Close

Entry and visa requirements for au pairing in Belgium

Read below to learn more about the laws regarding getting a visa and entry to au pair in Belgium.

Two people hold their passports out in front of a pretty view while traveling.

Visa and entry information for Belgium

Entry requirements for EU citizens

EU citizens can freely enter Belgium to au pair. They must bring a valid passport and register at the local town council after their arrival.

Entry requirements for non-EU citizens

Non-EU citizens need a visa to enter Belgium as an au pair. The host parents must apply for a work permit on behalf of the au pair. With a valid passport, work permit, and other supporting documentation, the au pair can apply for their visa at the Belgian embassy in their home country. They should register at the local town council once they arrive.

Need help? Learn more here.

Join us and