× Close

Entry and visa requirements for au pairing in Spain

Read below to learn more about the laws regarding getting a visa and entry to au pair in Spain.

Two people hold their passports out in front of a pretty view while traveling.

Visa and entry information for Spain

Entry requirements for EU citizens

EU citizens can enter Spain with a valid passport. Once they arrive, they must have their host families submit a declaration of their living situation to the local police station and register at the town hall.

Entry requirements for non-EU citizens

Non-EU citizens who stay for less than 90 days can come on a tourist visa. For non-EU citizens who intend to stay longer, they must apply for a student visa with a recognized language school in Spain. Once they arrive, they can get a residence permit at their town hall.

Need help? Learn more here.

Join us and